Discounts & Policies
Duke Gardens: Outdoor shows take place rain or shine on the lawn behind the Duke Gardens Visitors Center. Lawn chairs, picnics & blankets are encouraged, dogs are not allowed. Food & beverages, including beer & wine, will be available for purchase from Durham’s Palace International. Frozen pops will be available for purchase from Durham’s Locopops. The lawn will open 30 minutes prior to the start of show. Parking at Duke Gardens lots is free after 5 PM. There are restrooms onsite & the space is wheelchair accessible.
Ticket Info: Log on: dukeperformances.org (credit card orders only). Call: 919-684-4444 between Monday & Friday, 11 AM to 6 PM (credit card orders only). Visit the University Box Office in the Bryan Center, on Duke’s West Campus, between Monday & Friday, 11 AM to 6 PM. Tickets will be available at the venue box office one hour prior to the start of show. Cash or credit accepted for tickets purchased at door.
2019/20 ESSENTIAL CLASSICS SERIES AT DUKE PERFORMANCES
Escher String Quartet & Dover Quartet • Jerusalem Quartet • Peter Serkin, Piano & Pamela Frank, Violin • St. Lawrence String Quartet & Anne-Marie McDermott, Piano • Doric String Quartet • Belcea Quartet Beethoven Cycle • Calefax Reed Quintet • Quatuor Ébène Beethoven Cycle
CAS package provides best available reserved seats in Baldwin Auditorium. New subscriptions on sale Tuesday, June 11.
Andrew Tyson • Shai Wosner & Orion Weiss • Jan Lisiecki • Seong-Jin Cho • Nelson Freire • Igor Levit
PRS package provides best available reserved seats in Baldwin Auditorium. New subscriptions on sale Tuesday, June 11.
Vox Luminis • The Kingdom Choir • Tenebrae • Chanticleer • The Tallis Scholars
VES package provides best available reserved seats in Baldwin Auditorium and Duke Chapel. New subscriptions on sale Tuesday, June 11.
Concert No. 1 • Concert No. 2
Ciompi package provides general admission seats in Baldwin Auditorium. New subscriptions on sale Tuesday, June 11.
With the announcement of the 2018/19 season, Duke Performances is making an unprecedented move by introducing a new $25 ticket price for the vast majority of shows. The idea behind the new pricing is to make art more accessible and affordable; to offer greater flexibility to people who want to sample the work of unfamiliar artists; and to support a strong sense of community around the shared experience of art at a time when Durham is undergoing rapid change. It our hope that this initiative will induce patrons to attend not only more live performance, but to stretch their comfort zone.
MORE INFO + $25 SHOWS THIS SEASON
A Miraculous Student Ticket Price. Duke students — both undergraduate & graduate — may purchase tickets to any and all shows on Duke Performances’ 2018/19 season for just $10.
$10 Duke student tickets go on sale TUESDAY, AUGUST 28 at 11 AM.
Note: Limit of two $10 tickets per student for each presentation. Quantities of available $10 Duke student tickets may be restricted. Duke student ID required at time of purchase.
2018/2019 TICKET PACKAGES
BUY PACKAGE | LEARN MORE
The Camille A. Brown Trilogy package, which provides best available reserved seats in Reynolds Industries Theater to Camille A. Brown & Dancers’ trilogy, including presentations of ink, BLACK GIRL: Linguistic Play, and Mr. TOL E. RAncE, will go on sale TUESDAY, JUNE 19 at 11 AM.
BUY PACKAGE | LEARN MORE
The ‘In the Jazz Tradition’ package, which provides access to all 14 ‘In the Jazz Tradition’ sets at Durham Fruit & Produce, including performances by Nnenna Freelon, Cécile McLorin Salvant, Nellie McKay, Catherine Russell, Jazzmeia Horn, René Marie, and Kate McGarry, will go on sale TUESDAY, JUNE 19 at 11 AM.
BUY PACKAGE | LEARN MORE
The ‘Black Atlantic’ package, which provides access to all ‘Black Atlantic’ shows at Motorco and best available reserved seats in Baldwin Auditorium, including performances by Derek Gripper, Fatoumata Diawara, Noura Mint Seymali, Daymé Arocena, The Campbell Brothers, Dafnis Prieto Big Band, and Danilo Brito, will go on sale TUESDAY, JUNE 19 at 11 AM.
GENERAL INFORMATION & POLICIES
- ORDERING TICKETS
- By Phone: Call the Duke University Box Office between Monday and Friday, 11 AM to 6 PM, 919-684-4444. Credit card orders only.
- Online: Log on to Duke Performances’ website any time at dukeperformances.org.
- In Person: Visit the University Box Office on the top level of the Bryan Center on Duke University’s West Campus between Monday and Friday, 11 AM to 6 PM. Box office will open at performance venues one hour prior to the start of each show. Note: All performances are reserved seating unless indicated otherwise.
- TICKETING DETAILS FOR DUKE PERFORMANCES’ SHOWS AT THE CAROLINA THEATRE OF DURHAM
- Buika | Thursday, October 11
- Lizz Wright | Saturday, October 27
- Aida Cuevas | Wednesday, November 7
- Lucinda Williams + Charles Lloyd | Monday, December 7
- Susana Baca | Friday, February 15
- Anoushka Shankar | Thursday, March 21
- Angélique Kidjo | Monday, April 8
- The Gloaming | Wednesday, April 10
- Afro-Cuban All Stars | Tuesday, April 23
- Carolina Theatre: carolinatheatre.org, 919-560-3030, 309 W. Morgan Street
- Ticketmaster service charges will be applied to shows at The Carolina Theatre.
- Duke students may purchase $10 student tickets to Carolina Theatre shows through the Duke University Box Office in the Bryan Center.
- DIRECTIONS & PARKING
- For full driving directions and parking information, please visit dukeperformances.org and click on the button marked VENUES.
- LATE SEATING POLICY
- Please allow enough time to park, claim your tickets, and get seated before the start-time of performances. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the house manager and Duke Performances staff.
- LOST TICKETS
- If you lose your tickets and need replacements, please call the University Box Office at 919-684-4444.
- PERFORMANCE CHANGES & PERFORMANCE CANCELLATION
- Programs are subject to change without notice for reasons outside the control of Duke Performances. If a performance is canceled, you will be notified via email as early as possible and offered either an exchange or a refund.
- IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND
- If you are unable to attend a program for which you hold tickets, you may donate those tickets in person or via phone at 919-684-4444 to the University Box Office for a tax credit.
- WEBSITE & EMAIL UPDATES
- Visit dukeperformances.org for updates on all events. We also encourage you to join Duke Performances’ email list which can be accessed through our website. We will use this list to inform you of any changes to the series.
- If you anticipate needing any type of special accommodation or have questions about physical access please contact the University Box Office at 919-684-4444 in advance of the concert.
- Tickets are nonrefundable except in the case of canceled events.